Reaction, isothermal and scanning calorimeter (ambient to 300°C)
- Incomparable precision of measurement: the 3D Calvet sensor totally surrounds the sample, and all heat evolved is measured. Now matter how small or large the thermal transformation the system provides a complete picture of the event.
- Absolute calibration: with a three-dimensional transducer the sensitivity of the C80 is independent of:
- The weight, form and nature (powder, fiber, liquid, etc.) of the sample
- Any contact between the sample and the transducer
- The type of crucible used
- The nature of the sweeping gas (inert, oxidizing, wet) and its flow rate.
- Flexibility using the power of the detector, and the wide range of available vessels the C80 calorimeter offers the ability to simulate almost any process condition:
- Isothermal calorimeter: the heat measurement is performed at a constant temperature
- Scanning calorimeter: the heat measurement is performed during a temperature program
- Reaction calorimeter: mixing vessels allow for the simulation of reaction conditions, liquid/liquid, solid/liquid and even gas phase reactions can be measured.
- Cp Measurement, liquids, solids and powders
- Heats of solution and many more.
- Ease of operation: dedicated market leading CALISTO software that is not only intuitive but powerful enough to perform every typical experiments and data treatment.
- Ambient to 300°C
- 0,01 to 2 °C.min-1
- Nominal 12,5 ml, batch mixing, circulation, pressure cells
- Pressure: 350 bars (5,075 psi), 600 bars (8,700 psi), 1000 bar (14,600 psi)
- RMS Noise 1 µW
- Resolution: 1 µW
- Full autosampler option
With its temperature range (ambient to 300°C) and its large range of cells the C80 calorimeter can meet a wide range of applications, especially when dealing with:
- Process Safety: risks related to accidental pressure build up, synthesis of chemical followed by its thermal decomposition, thermal stability of substances, risks during normal operations, risks during an accident, time & mass scales
- Life Sciences – Pharmaceuticals Products: polymorphism detection by dissolution studies, behavior of a drug under a wet atmosphere, study of polymorphism / crystallinity of drugs, amorphism, metabolism of living species, thermal stability of intermediate products
- Energy: desulfurization of diesels by zeolithes, measure of reactivity of asphalt-salt mixtures, gas hydrates formation / dissociation, catalyzers characterization, adsorption of hydrogen (fuel cell), stability of nuclear waste, thermal characterization (nuclear)
- Food: neutralization of free fatty acids in oils, gel formation / dissociation, dissolution studies, melting, crystallization, amorphism, stability vs. oxidation.