High-energy ball mill that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 0.2 - 10 grams. Ideal for grinding dry, brittle samples, mechanical alloying, slurry grinding, blending powders, and mixing emulsions. CE Approved.
- Accepts all SPEX SamplePrep Mixer/Mill Grinding and Mixing Vial Sets.
- Also called a shaker mill or high-energy ball mill.
- Efficient single-clamp laboratory mill commonly referred to as the "SPEX Mill".
- Equipped with safety interlock system for operator protection.
- Extended Running Time Chip is available for extending timer range to 1,000 or 10,000 minutes.
- For grinding samples in the 0.2 - 10 gram range or mixing up to 60 mL of sample.
- Reduces samples to analytical fineness and can be utilized for mechanical alloying and nanomilling.
- Shock mounted motor enables bench top operation.
- Steel housing protects the clamp mechanism and rugged construction ensures a long life of heavy work.
- The 8010 and 8011 Multi-Vial Adapters permit processing of multiple smaller samples.
- Variable-range electronic timer is factory-set for 100-minute range.
- Wide selection of grinding and mixing vials available including hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, zirconia ceramic, silicon nitride, agate, polystyrene, methacrylate, polystyrene, and polycarbonate.
Typical samples include:
- Catalyst Supports
- Plant and Animal Tissues