New Bio-Simplex® Carboys provide advanced liquid handling and solution storage for general laboratory, process development and bioproduction applications. Saint-Gobain offers a range of popular sizes of carboys from: 2.5 L to 75 L manufactured from high quality Polyproplyene, HDPE and PETG.
The carboy's body includes updated design features that allow the user to easily hold, lift, fill, and pour while the versatile EZ Top® Container Closure technology provides interchangeable and leak-proof top connections. Single-use EZ Top® assemblies for aseptic fluid transfer, handling and sealing are available in a choice of two resins: C-Flex® thermoplastic elastomer and Sani-Tech® high-purity platinum-cured silicone. Custom closure assembly designs are available upon request. The Bio-Simplex® Carboys are available with or without an autoclavable spigot. They also feature easy-to-read certified graduation marks with ± 5% accuracy and large molded marks for clearly identifiable volume and material. The Bio-Simplex® system–carboy, cap, and spigot are all autoclavable.
Polypropylene carboys are suitable for temperatures from -40°C to 121°C, are BPA free, gamma compatible and are component certified to meet 21 CFR 177 for indirect food contact and USP Class VI Plastics.
HDPE Carboys are suitable for temperatures from -100°C to 120°C, are BPA free and are component certified to meet 21 CFR 177 for indirect food contact and USP Class VI Plastics.
PETG Carboys are suitable for temperatures from -40°C to 80°C, are BPA free, gamma stable and are component certified to meet 21 CFR 177 for indirect food contact and USP Class VI Plastics.
Bio-Simplex® Ultra Carboys combine the unique design features as the standard polypropylene product line, but are manufactured and validated specifically for BioProduction applications.
• Slender ergonomic body design requiring less space in the laboratory
• Large top handles for full hand gripa
• Bottom handles for secure grip when holding and transporting
• Minimum dead volume for maximum solution recovery
• Wide mouth for easy filling and cleaning
• Volume and material identification marks
• Large, easy to read graduation marks with ± 5% accuracy
• Open/closed version of EZ Top cap with replaceable gasket
• Perfect fit high-purity EZ Top closure assembly
• Autoclavable spigot with interchangeable option
• Pharmaceutical, vaccine and botanical product production
• Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
• Sterile liquid storage
• Bulk media and chemical storage
• Liquid waste storage
• Laboratory use